Activity-less in Seattle
November 21, 2011 9:47 AM Subscribe
What are some good social clubs / activities / volunteer-type things in the Seattle metropolitan area? I want to make more friends.
posted by lockstitch to human relations (8 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
I would like to find a way to get involved with something, and as a result, make friends that are outside my current social circle.
- I'm a 20-something woman, and I would like to make friends of both genders, in any age-group (though I admit, it would be nice to meet guys somewhere other than at bars). Ideally, I hope that I could find people my own age, but I'm not sure that too many 20-somethings are joining clubs. Are they?
- I don't have too much disposable income, so I can't join something that would require me to purchase new gear (ie, a snowboarding club that I'd have to get a snowboard and a new coat and so on).
- I'm not terribly athletic but I am willing to try new things.
- Current interests include books, movies, photography, arts, diy, hiking, eating, drinking.... and so on.
- I'm relatively new to the Seattle area, so I don't know too much about the city itself.