How many overpasses are there on the Highway of Heroes?

How many overpasses are there on the Highway of Heroes? Do you happen to know, or can you help me figure out a GIS workflow that will help me out?

How many overpasses are there on the 401 between CFB Trenton (including Glen Miller Road) and the Don Valley Parkway? My counting-all-the-overpasses in Google Maps just leads to me losing count over and over again.

Alternatively, I've got the road and relative elevation node datasets from CanMap Ontario Route Logistics 2011, but I can't figure out how to get the latter to distinguish overpasses from underpasses, I can just tell that one road is going over another road. Any ideas (or suggestions for datasets that will help me figure this out)?

Many thanks, I'll go back to counting in the meantime!
posted by avocet to Grab Bag (4 answers total)

Do you have some sort of a bridge dataset for the area? I reckon there might be an attribute there that will tell you which are overpasses over the 401.
posted by buttercup at 5:45 PM on November 20, 2011

I'm sure I have access to one but can't seem to locate it in the catalogue at the moment.
posted by avocet at 5:51 PM on November 20, 2011

Fifty, says this and this quiz.
posted by peagood at 6:39 PM on November 20, 2011

Duh, should have googled "bridges", not "overpasses"! Thanks!
posted by avocet at 9:38 PM on November 20, 2011

« Older What's the name of the Formula...   |  Travel suggestions please! Sol... Newer »