Hope I (don't) die before I get old

How to deal with the practical aspects of ageing - book/website recommendations.

I am looking for books or, perhaps, websites on the practical aspects of dealing with ageing. I am not looking for Deepak Chopra type books nor for books that give the more obvious advice, such as exercise more and keep in touch with your loved ones but, rather, those with down-to-earth practical advice along the lines of when you should stop gardening when your arms hurt or how to cope with the digestive problems you get when you get older or issues such as increased body hair for women. There seem to be lots of books on how to beat ageing and how to become a new person by travelling around the world on a bicycle when you are 70. I am not looking for those.
posted by TheRaven to Health & Fitness (3 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

For practical advice on improving your home for older people, start with Homemodes.org and go to their Resources page. If you are able-bodied now (or have able-bodied relatives), a lot of these things could be DIY projects to be done now for the future you.

For practical health advice, start from the Our Bodies Ourselves link list and the AARP health section.
posted by pracowity at 5:01 AM on November 16, 2011

The book "Younger Next Year" talks about maintaining one's health. It's written by men, primarily for men.
posted by at at 8:51 AM on November 17, 2011

I'm guessing this isn't relevant to you, but just in case: Ourselves, Growing Older.
posted by The corpse in the library at 5:09 PM on November 17, 2011

« Older Help me find a new career (apo...   |  Can you identify which movie i... Newer »