Best rain gear for rainy San Francisco winters?
November 8, 2011 11:35 AM Subscribe
Please recommend rain gear that will keep me dry and comfy walking around the city this winter.
posted by kristi to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (12 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
Rainy season is coming to San Francisco.
I like to walk as much as possible - to the grocery store, to the library, to get exercise.
What's the best rain gear to keep me dry and comfortable in the city rain?
I've looked at previous questions but didn't see exactly what I'm looking for:
* I'd like to not get hot and not get cold - not getting hot is very important
* I'd like to keep my feet dry
* It would be be great to be able to take off the rain gear at a my destination (say, the library or a cafe) and not drip all over everything and yet still be able to put it on again without getting myself all wet when I leave (this may be asking too much)
* I'd like to keep my hands free, so umbrellas are okay but not ideal
* I'd like to keep my head warm (but not hot!) and dry, but still be able to see well in low-visibility rainy weather (when cars may have trouble seeing me)
* Cheaper is better, but I'm happy to pay for long-lasting quality
I would love specific brand and product recommendations and names of places you like to buy from.
I'm female, but suggestions for men are equally welcome.