Where can I hold my London birthday pub quiz?
November 7, 2011 5:49 AM Subscribe
I'm planning on holding a private birthday pub quiz at the beginning of December, somewhere in London. The only problem is I can't find a suitable venue, and I'm struggling on ways to make it really special. Your help is appreciated!
posted by Encipher to sports, hobbies, & recreation (8 answers total)
Do any London mefites know of a suitable venue? Here are the specifications which are making it hard to find somewhere:
- Needs to be available on a Sat at the beginning of December
- Has to be a private, separately function room in a pub/bar
- Needs to have tables/chairs for pub quiz action
- Must be in Central London OR Islington/Stoke Newington area
- Can't have an enormous hire fee
- And optional - should have a sound system so we can stay and dance to records after the quiz
I'm drawing a blank on this, so I wondered if anyone had a personal recommendation?
Also, if you have any amazingly creative quiz ideas, let me know! My boyfriend is co-ordinating general knowledge questions from friends but I want to do a special picture round or something similar.
The plan is to hand out prizes but I'm not sure what yet, although I think the booby prize will be a classic Christmas selection box.