AIDS Documentary

I'm looking for the name of an AIDS documentary I saw on PBS sometime in the late nineties.

Here's what I remember; it featured a gay couple, one of whom contracted HIV and eventually full AIDS. The healthy partner filmed the documentary about how it changed their lives and the day-to-day struggles of coping. It followed everything from soon after the initial diagnosis to the very moment of the partner's death. Harrowing stuff. There's someone I'd like to show this to but damned if I can remember the title. Sound familiar, anyone?
posted by Anders Levant to Science & Nature (6 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Was it the POV documentary Living with AIDS? It wasn't directed by one of the partners, but that's the one I remember with that type of storyline.
posted by xingcat at 11:15 AM on October 19, 2011

Silverlake: The View From Here maybe?
posted by Rash at 11:17 AM on October 19, 2011

Hmmm...that sure looks like the one. Thanks xingcat, I'll check it out.
posted by Anders Levant at 11:18 AM on October 19, 2011

Hmmmm....yours could be the one also, Rash. OK, this is good, I'll take a look at both. Thanks, Rash.
posted by Anders Levant at 11:21 AM on October 19, 2011

My vote is for Silverlake Life: The View From Here. I watched it in my bumfuck Midwest town in high school and it blew my mind. Now that I actually live in Silverlake it's on my mind frequently.
posted by roger ackroyd at 11:29 AM on October 19, 2011

I saw Silverlake years ago and still remember the death part. Pretty sure it's the documentary you're thinking of.
posted by jabes at 12:39 PM on October 19, 2011

« Older My estranged uncle died and we...   |  As the green thumb of my circl... Newer »