Why is my blue createspace cover printing purple?
October 18, 2011 7:39 PM Subscribe
I am attempting to publish a book using createspace.com Any idea why my Blue cover is printing as light purple?
posted by JoeGoblin to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
The details of this are boring, but I will share them with you if you are interested.
Here's what happened:
1. The artist sent me a finalized cover. It was a 12 meg PDF, hit all the createspace specs. I uploaded it and ordered a proof.
2. I received the proof. It looked slightly darker than the artwork, but workable.
3. The artist took me up on putting her name on the cover. This was fine since I had some changes to make to the inside of the book. I uploaded her second cover, but attempted to flatten it in illustrator, as createspace was giving me a 'transparency warning."
4. I received the second proof. Light purple. I thought this may have been from my messing with it.
5. I uploaded the second file the artist sent me, where all that had changed was adding her name to the back cover. I ordered four copies, thinking it would print blue, just like the first one.
6. Just got four light purple copies today.
I sent an email to createspace support, but won't hear back from them tomorrow. I am frustrated, since this is all out of my hands (and ordering proofs takes time and costs money.)
If you'd care to take a look at the PDF I'm using, as well as a comparison of the blue/purple proofs side by side, I could send you some files. I don't want to post them here since the project still hasn't seen the light of day yet.
Thanks for any advice!