Drinking Weekend Brunch in DC

Weekend brunch in Washington, DC with good or bottomless drinks?

I've been to the Banana Cafe on 8th SE with their endless mimosas, but do you know of any others? Moby Dick's doesn't do breakfast food anymore and they had a good make your own bloody Mary bar.
posted by princelyfox to Food & Drink (7 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

In so specific order:

Local 16
Masa 14
Ventnor's
The, um, hotel on New Hampshire between R and S whose name is escaping me
Cajun Experience

There's a ton more that I'm forgetting, but that's a start.
posted by inigo2 at 10:18 AM on October 14, 2011

I've heard good things about Vinoteca's bottomless brunch mimosas.

Also, a Washingtonian bottomless round-up.
posted by forkisbetter at 10:19 AM on October 14, 2011

Bottomless Tequila drinks at El Centro
posted by inigo2 at 10:31 AM on October 14, 2011

I think Georgia Brown's is the best brunch in DC. God I miss that place! I think their brunch is Sunday only. I don't remember if there's a bottomless option for drinks, but their cocktails are strong and delicious!
posted by crabintheocean at 11:02 AM on October 14, 2011

I'm a huge fan of Agora - $29.95 for all the food you want/bottomless drinks (mimosas, champagne, rail liquor, and bloody marys). Their tapas menu is much more interesting than standard brunch fare, and I like that it's all you care to order rather than a buffet. I went with 4 of my best friends from college and they were more than willing to indulge us in our marathon boozy brunch. If you want to go big, Agora is a great value with awesome food.

Local 16 currently has a special for people who "like" them on Facebook (you can do so on their computer when you get there): $15 for an entree plus bottomless mimosas or bloody marys. I got the burger and enjoyed it, but the food was pretty average. The mimosas and bloody marys are pre-mixed, and our server wasn't very good about refilling our drinks. The bar tender eventually gave us a bottle of champagne which helped.

If you're looking for a really great food and a wider drink selection, I'd definitely recommend Agora. If you're looking for a cheaper option, Local 16 is pretty good (try to sit on the rooftop!).
posted by hefeweizen at 1:39 PM on October 14, 2011

I've got a little more time --

Of the ones I listed earlier, I think Masa 14 (on 14th St) is the best. Food is tapa-style, and super delicious. They have a variety of drinks available for the all-you-can-drink; the masa mimosa is fantastic.

But I'm also a big fan of Ventnor on 18th St. The food is tasty (I'd say it's a pretty standard menu, but above average taste), and the drinks are generally refilled quickly. I like the place.

I still can't remember the name of the place on New Hampshire (it's in a hotel there; it used to be called Lilly's), but it's an all-you-can-eat/drink deal. Nice brunch variety of food.
posted by inigo2 at 4:15 PM on October 14, 2011

Had a great brunch at Birch & Barley. They have a $30 fixed price brunch which includes two drinks, bottomless tea/coffee, freshly fried donut holes, and a brunch entree. When we were there they had two bloody maries to choose from, and I liked the spicy one.
posted by beyond_pink at 6:17 PM on October 14, 2011

« Older I'll be in lower Manhattan tod...   |  I'm looking for a web app that... Newer »