Not particularly enthusiastic about rolling my own here.
October 9, 2011 10:31 PM Subscribe
What's a good framework for a turn-based game server?
posted by ignignokt to computers & internet (9 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for something that does the following:
- Authenticates users and requests
- Stores game states
- Accepts reported game turns from clients
- Updates game states with logic I plug in
- Serves game state to clients
- Communicates via http, not TCP sockets
- Is not dependent on client platform
I was thinking of building this on Heroku or Google App Engine to test out some ideas, but now I'm thinking something already exists, but my Googling isn't turning much up that isn't tied to a particular platform. I'd prefer to not have to host anything myself but am open to doing so if, overall, it's a fairly simple thing.