Missing my Canadian autumn...
October 4, 2011 5:51 AM Subscribe
How do I bring the awesomeness of autumn to a very rainy and cold part of Norway?
posted by snowysoul to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (9 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Autumn is my favorite time of year in Canada, and I miss it! I'm living on the coast of Norway that is gorgeous and great in its own right, but definitely not the same. Its rained....every day here so far. And will soon be dark at 4 ish. All of the normal things I love about fall, like campfire smells, raking leaves, walks looking at the leaves with my family, camping with friends, the first frost, building leaf forts for my puppy to tackle (he loves them, not sure why...), are not here!
Its Thanksgiving this upcoming weekend in Canada and I am suddenly insanely homesick for fall in Canada, Thanksgiving, all the things that make autumn so special back home. Any ideas of what I could do to bring the awesomeness of autumn back into my life and make it a smooth SAD controlled transition into a very dark winter?
Ideas so far:
- Hiking when its not raining with friends
- Baking banana bread and pumpkin pie for European friends who have not tasted their awesomeness.
- Starting a knitting project
- Baking party with friends
- Order an SAD lightbox considering I'm moving to the Arctic in January and have been told its awesome