I could use some help choosing a hotel in Puerto Rico (or should we go somewhere else?).
My wife and I are going on a trip in mid-December or early January (not over the holidays). While we'd love to go to Barbados, Nevis, or St. Kitts, all the better hotels on those islands are extremely expensive, as well as the flights to get there from where we live in the US Midwest.
Puerto Rico seems like a good option - good weather, inexpensive flights, some local culture, affordable hotels. The other top option on our list is Los Cabos, Mexico - maybe the Hilton Los Cabos.
Here's what we are looking for:
- Upscale property and hotel room
- Nice beach and pool
- Close to restaurants that we can walk to so we can eat meals off property
- Large enough hotel to have resort feel, not apartment or guesthouse
So - two questions:
1. Is there another island we should consider?
2. If we go to PR, which of these hotel options would you choose? (mapped here
Condado / San Juan:
Conrad (no beach?)
Marriott San Juan (small pool?)
Hilton El San Juan
East of San Juan
Hilton El Conquistador
Hilton Las Casitas (Waldorf)