I am not William Morris nor Maxfield Parrish. Who am I?

Can anyone help identify the artist and source of this image. It is in the Arts and Crafts style, 15 " tall by 40" wide. It appears to be a lithograph.

When removed from the frame it seems that it may have been cut from a larger image.The top edge is uneven and showing what may be a black border. The image is printed edge to edge without borders. I don't think it was wallpaper, but I can be easily swayed. The depiction of one of the revelers motioning for others to join ( on the left) may indicate that it is part of a larger piece or a dyptych, tryptych.
posted by Gungho to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you tried Google googles? It's an app for your smartphone.
posted by cnanderson at 12:46 PM on September 19, 2011

Looks a lot like Henri Cassiers.
But, as the auction link says - "attributed to". I'd look into Dutch, French and Belgium illustration artists. Say 1920 to 1940. Many did travel posters. Good place to look.
posted by Bighappyfunhouse at 1:13 PM on September 19, 2011

Correction to cnanderson: Google Goggles. Not Google googles.
posted by SixteenTons at 3:03 PM on September 19, 2011

I doubt any of these are right, but no one else is posting and this is the best I can do:

Blanche Fisher Wright
Maginel Enright
Ruth Eger

Sorry! I hope someone gets the answer. If you figure it out, please let us know!
posted by CCCC at 7:35 AM on September 20, 2011

Thanks cccc, but it seems that it is none of those. However Google brought up some other related images, so keep those guesses coming.
posted by Gungho at 9:32 AM on September 20, 2011

It reminds me of Cecil Aldin.
posted by sepviva at 8:22 PM on September 20, 2011

« Older What are your best examples of...   |  Seeking help from MeFi gardene... Newer »