Any good podcasts by couples?

Looking for good podcasts by married or unmarried couples (of any variety) that are just random and conversational, with no particular theme or topic.

I'm interested in particular in podcasts that are not super-popular or famous, like The Dawn and Drew Show, but which have a similar vibe. Preferably just some obscure but reliably entertaining couple.

It's easy to find popular podcasts at the iTunes Store and elsewhere, but not so easy to find good ones that aren't in the top 100. So I'm curious to know if anyone has a lesser-known favorite. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

(Incidentally, if you want to suggest your own podcast, please MeFi Mail me with the info!)
posted by El Sabor Asiatico to Media & Arts (12 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Not obscure, and probably in the Top 100, but Kevin Smith/Jen Schwalbach's Plus One Per Diem is on every single weekday and is pretty entertaining.
posted by xingcat at 3:53 PM on September 13, 2011

Not sure if this fits your requirements, but my favourite podcast of any kind is Answer Me This - two British comedians, Helen Zaltzman and Olly Mann, answering questions sent in by listeners in amusing ways, often going off on tangents; both of them are extremely funny and likable.

While Helen and Olly are not a couple, Helen's equally funny husband Martin, who produces the podcast, joins in the conversation all the time.

It recently won the Sony Award (Britain's no. 1 radio award) for Best Internet Programme.
posted by quizblorg at 5:31 PM on September 13, 2011

Why? There's nothing wrong with someone linking to their own podcast if it's an answer to your question.
posted by John Cohen at 6:03 PM on September 13, 2011

Totally Laime! (which is in the final two of the Earwolf Challenge.)
posted by Chenko at 6:05 PM on September 13, 2011

Squidpod
posted by dr. moot at 6:36 PM on September 13, 2011

Seconding Answer Me This! and adding Nerd Hurdles - ostensibly about nerdish things but really fairly diverse topically and rambly in a good way.
posted by clerestory at 6:42 PM on September 13, 2011

There's nothing wrong with someone linking to their own podcast if it's an answer to your question.

Ah, sorry. I didn't know there were exceptions to the no-self-linking rule here. Never mind that part!
posted by El Sabor Asiatico at 7:06 PM on September 13, 2011

I like Randy's Vinyl Tap http://cbcpodcasts.wordpress.com/podcasts/ (mobile device, sorry). Randy is Randy Bachman, formerly of "The Guess Who". His wife joins him for part of the show. It's very casual though each show is built around some kind of musical theme. It manages to be entertaining, interesting and relaxing.
posted by Cuke at 7:26 PM on September 13, 2011

The Worst -- A Podcast for Nice People. We haven't recorded in a long time (but plan to do so again soon). I'm the co-host, and my wife is on the show so frequently that I would consider it a "couples" podcast. Local (St. Joseph, MO) stand-ups and musicians (and sometimes just our good friends) appear as guests, and the chat is definitely random and conversational. We've also had other couples on as guests, so certain episodes meet your criteria in a big way.
posted by HerArchitectLover at 3:38 AM on September 14, 2011

You might enjoy the Emma and Pete show.
posted by Bigbrowncow at 2:49 PM on September 14, 2011

I am going to go ahead with shameless self-promotion and link to my podcast with my husband, We do book and TV show reviews chapter by chapter and episode by episode, and the first book we've chosen is Game Of Thrones. We've got about 20 episodes up so far, and the feedback has been extremely positive. That said, we swear a lot and talk about sex a lot (because there's no avoiding that in these books) and if you're not into Game Of Thrones you probably won't find us too interesting at the moment.
posted by sugarpumpkin at 12:36 PM on February 18, 2012

For some reason it didn't show, but here is the link to the blog for the podcast.
posted by sugarpumpkin at 12:38 PM on February 18, 2012

« Older I have an all cedar 3 seasons ...   |  Google Translate - set default... Newer »