Anaheimlich Maneuvers, OR Cuatro Gueros Locos, OR Four White Guys with a Hyundai
August 22, 2011 1:32 PM Subscribe
Going to Anaheim for a convention, need suggestions on things to see, buy & ingest in the evenings.
posted by Rat Spatula to travel & transportation (10 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Four programmers with a rental car and time to kill. Similar questions have cropped up before, but the answers have been sparse; maybe by adding some specifics we can improve the information.
0. We're only there for weekdays (as far as I can tell, this rules out the Bruery taproom.)
1. We are from the high plains, so I am pushing to get us down to the ocean at least once. Assume we only get one evening to try to make it to the beach; what's our best option for an all-in-one toes-in-the-sand-plus-cocktails experience?
2. Any oddball or really nice museums?
3. Gastropubs? I found the "Bruery Provisions", which looks interesting (and the little blips on Google Maps suggest it's sitting in the middle of a strip which might support some bar-hopping food action).
4. Microbreweries other than (or instead of) Noble Ale Works, Anaheim Brewing or Bruery?