Charcuterie supplies in the Twin Cities?

Are there stores in Minneapolis/St. Paul that carry charcuterie supplies? Pink salt, casings, hickory sawdust, etc? I can order all this online, but if I can buy it locally I will.
posted by iwhitney to Shopping (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Try Mill's Fleet Farm or Cabelas. I've seen casings, stuffing equipment, and the like in Fleet Farm near the canning supplies.
posted by cabingirl at 3:28 PM on August 14, 2011

Cabelas. More sausage supplies than you can shake a stick at.
posted by Ideefixe at 3:32 PM on August 14, 2011

Cabelas is surprisingly far from Minneapolis, and Fleet Farm is closer, but still a bit of a haul for me. Anything within the city itself?
posted by iwhitney at 4:31 PM on August 14, 2011

You might try Kramarczuk's in the Northeast? I've never been there, but they make a lot of sausage and might have supplies to do so as well.
posted by yellowbkpk at 5:27 PM on August 14, 2011

This thread suggests that Clancey's Meat in Linden Hills might be willing to sell you some sodium nitrate. They might sell you, or know where you can get, the casings.
posted by cabingirl at 7:35 PM on August 14, 2011

Butchering Directory of Minnesota
posted by Ideefixe at 7:54 PM on August 14, 2011

How about L&M? Whoops, never mind, Cloquet is the closest they come to the Cities. Awesome place, though:
posted by wenestvedt at 10:03 AM on August 15, 2011

« Older I'd like to make a birthday do...   |  Why does the toilet in my base... Newer »