We'll be together till the end of time.
August 14, 2011 9:39 AM Subscribe
ISO a simple, inconspicuous backpack.
posted by Nomyte to shopping (12 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
When I was an undergrad, I bought the perfect book bag at the Gap: a navy-colored, medium-sized sling backpack with a belt buckle release. I've had the bag for 7-8 years now. I use it to carry all sorts of sundries, such as books, gym clothes, a laptop, minor groceries, and so on. But it's starting to wear out, and I want to buy a new one in order to avoid looking like a starving graduate student wherever I go.
There are lots of sling backpacks on (e.g.) Amazon, but I'm very particular and need your personal recommendations. I want the new bag to have the following properties:
- not a messenger bag
- dark, plain, inconspicuous color
- folds flat or expands based on what you stuff inside
- not a million pockets and compartments; 2-3 is best
- no slogans, giant logos, crazy "accents," or other affectations
- fits at least a 14-inch laptop
- under $100, ideally
Basically, I need a convenient, grown-up looking bag. Thanks for your suggestions.