My girlfriend and I went to Prague for Christmas last year and really loved it. Where else might we like?
We had a great time last Christmas in Prague and we're wondering whether there is somewhere else we might like
- We'd only be going for a few days so we don't want to head too far away from the UK. A two or three hour flight at the most.
- like a lot of the UK population we don't speak any foreign languages with any real proficiency. I can muddle through in Spanish and she speaks a little French but we'd rather go somewhere where English is widely spoken. For reference, the Czech Republic places 19th in the EF English Proficiency Index.
- in the sense of things being open at Christmas. In Prague we went to the Zoo on Christmas Day and had Christmas dinner at TGI Fridays. We'd like to go somewhere that doesn't shut down on Christmas Day in the same way the UK does.
Stuff to do
- We'd like to go somewhere where there's stuff to do: museums, zoos, cinemas, shopping, eating etc.
- Despite everything being open at Christmas Prague still felt very Christmassy with lights, and trees and stuff. We liked that.
All the general nonsense about friendly people and good public transport that goes with any holiday also applies.