Looking for Hallelujah again

Help me find yet another damn cover of "Hallelujah".

A year or so ago, I ran across a video of an acapella cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Last night, I got into a discussion on the best covers of this much-covered song, and tried to find the video, but couldn't. It may have been on The Blue; but combing though several posts on the song yielded nothing. Can't bring it up on the You Tubes. It was sung by a young lady, it was impromptu, and I think it may have been recorded in the green room at some sort of festival. The singer had been asked to sing something else, but begged off because her voice was played out; oddly, she then proceeded to nail "Hallelujah", which I've never thought of as an easy song to sing. Anybody?
posted by steambadger to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c_MDbK9uoI&feature=player_embedded
From here.
posted by fish tick at 8:41 AM on August 11, 2011 [1 favorite]

OMG that's not very nice. Sorry.
posted by fish tick at 8:44 AM on August 11, 2011 [1 favorite]

Yes, that's it. Thanks.
posted by steambadger at 8:55 AM on August 11, 2011

Can I piggy-back on this one: live version by raspy-voiced, folk singer, with British(?) accent. I recall a dedication at the beginning to someone.
posted by wobh at 9:56 PM on August 11, 2011

« Older Over the last week I have been...   |  What kind of crazy and obscure... Newer »