Slower Cooking In The Oven

At what temperature should I adjust this recipe?

Thanks to all who answered my last two cooking questions. I have another.

I want to make this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/oven-barbecued-chicken-2/detail.aspx

I'm not making my own bbq sauce. I'm using bottled. I have four bone-on split breast. I want to brown the chicken, pour on the bottled sauce and cover with aluminum foil (I know covering ruins the whole browning idea but at least the browning will provide flavor).

I want the chicken to take one hour 45 minutes to two hours to cook instead of 45-55 minutes. I want to put it in and do some other stuff I need to do for 2 hours.

How should I adjust the temp?

Thanks.
posted by Fairchild to Food & Drink (4 answers total)

With split chicken breasts you'll need to drop the temp down to something like 225-250*F for it to take 2 hours.
posted by foodgeek at 2:29 PM on August 10, 2011

foodgeek, thank you so much. I am going for it.
posted by Fairchild at 2:31 PM on August 10, 2011

Cool. How did it turn out?
posted by foodgeek at 8:25 PM on August 10, 2011

It turned out great. Thanks again for the temperature. I searched and searched and could not find much about cooking this cut of chicken slowly in the oven. Thanks again.
posted by Fairchild at 5:16 AM on August 11, 2011

« Older What should we do, where shoul...   |  BookFilter: Please help me fin... Newer »