How do I start my own podcast?
July 31, 2011 7:21 AM Subscribe
I want to start my own podcast, and I want to do it right. But I am not sure where to start, any advice? The podcast will be a comedy related one, and may have a co-host, and would have a weekly guest. Here are the things I've been thinking about.
posted by ImBitman to computers & internet (14 answers total) 23 users marked this as a favorite
1. How do I get my podcast online? I would want people to be able to listen to it off of a website, as well as getting it from iTunes.
2. I want it to sound good. Any advice on how to set that up on my Macbook? Some kind of sound board system? Good quality mics, or audio software that would help control the levels. (It's very important to me that the sound quality is great)
3. Are you allowed to play music on your podcast? Is it possible to play a clip from as song, say for an intro, without having to pay for that. Is that a thing?
4. Should there be some kind of consent form I should have prepared for my guest to sign?
5. Is something like Skype a good method for interviewing guest who are out of town?
6. Is there anything I am not thinking of that you think I should know?
Thank you so much in advance for any help, I am really excited to start this. :)