Skip

I want everything to be without wires.
July 25, 2011 8:03 AM   Subscribe

Wires, cables - I hate them. What options are currently available (or really just around the corner) to make my world wireless.

I hate plugging things in for electricity, for syncing, for uploading and downloading. I hear rumours that WiTricity will be available this year, I know there are some charging pads out there... what gadgets can I pick up to either reduce my wires or do things that I didn't do before, but without wires.
posted by HopStopDon'tShop to Technology (6 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Not a gadget, but dropbox can take care of a large portion of your file transferring needs without cables or external devices.
posted by PhoBWanKenobi at 8:06 AM on July 25, 2011

Can you be a little more specific as to what you mean by "things?"
posted by rhizome at 8:18 AM on July 25, 2011

I'm assuming you use a cordless mouse and keyboard...

One of the best things about switching from Blackberry to Android is that my contacts and calendar sync wirelessly.
posted by i_am_a_fiesta at 8:24 AM on July 25, 2011

Your iPhone and iPad can be entirely plug-free once iOS 5 rolls out, if you don't mind putting the device in some kind of inductive charging case.
posted by Rock Steady at 8:33 AM on July 25, 2011

By "things" I mean everything that usually has a wire in order to function: so anything powered by electricity (wind-up flashlights are awesome), anything that plugs into my computer (or tv or dvd player) that can be done through wifi or bluetooth.

And yes, I currently use a wireless mouse, wireless headpieces for the phone and I'm looking forward to iOS 5. But I'm sure there's cool stuff I'm missing out on.
posted by HopStopDon'tShop at 8:50 AM on July 25, 2011

Roku makes products that can connect your radios, TV, speakers system, and computer wirelessly. I love their products.
posted by IAmBroom at 9:39 AM on July 25, 2011

« Older Two weddings coming up: Wedd...   |  How can I learn how to develop... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.