Help me find inspiration
July 18, 2011 1:51 AM Subscribe
What are the best biographies/autobiographies/memoirs/novels for inspiration and psyching up?
posted by 3491again to society & culture (8 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
I'm looking for stories (biographies/autobiographies/memoirs/novels) for inspiration in taking risks and living my best life. A few criteria:
- Stories about accomplished people who have a quirky side and didn't go exactly by the book, took risks, didn't fit in, etc.
- Books that are NOT worshipful and don't gloss over details... more about how people lived their lives, struggled with hard decisions, made mistakes, had issues... not just about how awesome they are. Preferably not people born to wealth and privilege, or ones who had to struggle with some sort of adversity.
- Preferably entrepreneurs/business people, so I can use these books as inspirations for my business. Artists, explorers, inventors, investors, etc. are welcome too.
- Preferably intelligent, quirky women, but men are okay too!
- Preferably available in Kindle format, but not necessary
Thank you, fellow Mefites!