Tool me but dont fool me....
June 22, 2011 9:01 AM Subscribe
I want to develop a browser toolbar button which leads people to content related to what they are reading in their browser. I need some help understanding how complex this project is....
posted by london302 to Computers & Internet (8 answers total)
What I am looking for is a tool which:
- (with user's permission) 'reads' / 'analyses'/ 'parses' the content of the page the user is currently on (this can be limited to cover certain type of sites such as say news sites etc..
-Matches this content against a panel of reputable sources and shows as, say a number, or colour change availability of related content...
- User then clicks it and is presented with a drop down menu with list of related sites and the user can click and go to that site.
Can someone please help me by:
- converting my lay man request into semi technical language which a programmer will find easy to understand.
- telling me how complex this is on a scale of 1-10 of browser plugin programming
- is there a programming framework which can be used to do it more easily?
- If I was to look for a programmer what skills should I be looking for (like c++, java whatever,,,,)
Thanks very much