Help me make Atlas.ti & Survey Monkey cooperate

Atlas.ti Survey Import question: how should my Survey Monkey exports be formatted in order to be successfully brought into Atlas.ti via the new Survey Import tool?

Apparently, a proper import will bring in each respondents' row as a separate Primary Document, which would be awesome. I'm not having much luck with that.... Atlas may be choking on my likert scale items, perhaps because of a lack of a top-level header for each of the response columns for those, but that's only a guess.

Has anyone had success with this? The manual update leaves a bit to be desired (pdf link). Has anyone found a better description of the process online that refers expressly to SM data exports?
posted by activitystory to Education (1 answer total)

Oh, I take that back-- the seemingly headerless columns are for multiple answer items like "please indicate which tools you use" with several answers. The headers for the likert items have proper headers and a single column each.
posted by activitystory at 3:15 PM on June 19, 2011

« Older Help me be aggressively prepar...   |  I've lost my mojo for particip... Newer »