Where can I get Monocle Magazine in downtown Toronto?

There's an article that I want to read in the latest Monocle magazine. Where can I get it in Toronto? I haven't been able to find it in several local newsstands.
posted by hylaride to Media & Arts (9 answers total)

In Canada, it seems to be only available in Quebec -- distribution list.
posted by bwonder2 at 8:31 AM on June 18, 2011

Search Google for Presse Internationale Toronto. They're the best source in Toronto for magazines. There's one not showing on Google maps at Bloor and Lippincott as well.

bwonder2 is incorrect--the company on the distro list is the Canadian distributor who sells to all the mag stores in the country, not a retail outlet.
posted by dobbs at 8:42 AM on June 18, 2011

Also, try Type Books at Queen and Trinity.
posted by dobbs at 8:47 AM on June 18, 2011

It's at Type. I picked it up and browsed through it yesterday.
posted by Felicity Rilke at 8:58 AM on June 18, 2011

I just walked by an issue of Monocle in one of the local magazine shops in Montreal. If you can't find it any other way I will personally purchase the issue and mail it to you for the cover price and shipping (just the postage, I'll even throw in a plain brown wrapper free of charge).
posted by Phalene at 10:07 AM on June 18, 2011

It is at Chapters/Indigo in the burbs, so probably downtown too.
posted by backwards guitar at 10:18 AM on June 18, 2011

Its at Type, but its also in every single location of Indigo i've been to too. (Its definitely at bay/bloor Indigo.)
posted by Kololo at 12:10 PM on June 18, 2011

I found it at Chapters after meticulously going through all the other crappy magazines they have there. Thanks for all the offers/advice, though!
posted by hylaride at 2:08 PM on June 18, 2011

Every large newsstand has Monocle, as does the Northern District branch of the library.
posted by joeclark at 11:40 AM on August 6, 2011

« Older looking for an online timeshee...   |  Inspired by this post,what are... Newer »