Japan: Easiest way to get from Narita airport to Tokyo Station?
June 17, 2011 6:14 PM Subscribe
Japan: Easiest way to get from Narita airport to Tokyo Station? Or, do I have my train details straight?
posted by belau to Travel & Transportation around Japan (12 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
It looks like most hassle-free way to get from Narita Airport's international arrivals to Tokyo Station is to take the JR Express train. Anyone able to confirm? Flight is Delta Airlines, arriving late afternoon. Not much luggage. I got this information online and don't trust it completely:
- Take a JR Express train from Narita Airport Station (Airport Terminal 1).
- Go to the JR N'EX counter and reserve your seat for the red line (JR Narita Express).
- All seats are reserved, cost is about 3,000 yen.
- Departures every 30-60 minutes.
- Takes about 60 minutes to get to Tokyo Station.
- Get off at Tokyo Station.
1) how far of a walk is it from the Delta Airlines arrivals to the Narita train station?
2) Would it be easier or less crazy to just take a bus? Would be okay with longer travel time if it means not getting pushed into a train.
3) How do you know when to get off the train? Are there signs for Tokyo Station in English?
4) Should I buy tickets in advance?
Side question... What to do at Haneda airport late evening when you're just waiting for your midnight-departing flight?