Join 3,502 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Junk Food Filter
May 15, 2005 2:48 PM   Subscribe

I remember when I was younger we used to get these bag of chips that tasted like pizza. They were shaped like pepperonis and had spices on them. I have no idea what they were called and I've never seen them since. Everyone that I ask have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about and think I'm crazy. Did I just imagine these or does anyone else remember them? What were they called?
posted by Livewire Confusion to Food & Drink (13 answers total)

You're definitely not imagining things. My mom used to put those in my lunch, and now I'm also wondering what they were called......
posted by invisible ink at 6:29 PM on May 15, 2005

Ha! I remember those! But...alas...I have no idea what they were called and I haven't seen them in years. Sorry. At least you know you're not imagining things.
posted by ebeeb at 6:30 PM on May 15, 2005

Here's a list of pizza flavored chips at taquitos.net.
posted by xyzzy at 6:33 PM on May 15, 2005

I'll bet ten bucks they were Pizzarias. The link xyzzy put up has them, but with a different bag than I remember. I remember seeing them for sale in (where else?) Chicago about a year ago.
posted by sachinag at 8:44 PM on May 15, 2005

The Poore Brothers one that sachinag linked to may be the current version of the ones that Keebler had on the market about 10 years ago. (Keebler also made Tato Skins.) In addition to pepperoni there was also a cheese flavor. Most people found them disgusting, but I enjoyed them, especially when they were heavily marked down in an attempt to sell off the remaining bags. I believe Keebler got out of the chip market.

Another snack question: why are there no small bags available of regular Sun Chips, only the Harvest Cheddar and French Onion varieties?
posted by gluechunk at 9:36 PM on May 15, 2005

http://store.yahoo.com/drsoda/sunchipor.html

Is this the sun chip thing?
posted by yodelingisfun at 10:17 PM on May 15, 2005

Snak King The Original Peppa-Roni Snack Chips -these?
posted by yodelingisfun at 10:29 PM on May 15, 2005

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=2555 there's the address anyhow...
posted by yodelingisfun at 10:30 PM on May 15, 2005

yodelingisfun, I guess I just seldom have seen the original small bags - most 7-11 type stores and vending machines just stock the other flavors.
posted by gluechunk at 10:35 PM on May 15, 2005

Well yeah, but you know just in case you wanted to spend $.59 + $5.99 s/h to get a little bag...
posted by yodelingisfun at 10:41 PM on May 15, 2005

yodeling, that site is wonderful. Ruby Red Squirt? Holy cow! I can't believe somebody still has that!
And bulk Mexican Coca-Cola? _Fan-fucking-tastic_
sorry for the derail
posted by Joybooth at 12:11 AM on May 16, 2005

There are some that are fighting to keep the dream alive over at petitiononline.com.
posted by 4easypayments at 6:42 AM on May 16, 2005

Weren't Pizzarias made of flour instead of some sort of potato or corn meal? My mom said they were and then banned them from the house.
posted by mrs.pants at 7:06 AM on May 16, 2005

« Older How do you get rid of a friend...   |  My daughter's birthday is comi... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.