Advice on purchasing an LED projector
June 2, 2011 1:00 PM Subscribe
Aiming to buy an LED projector, a market I know little about.
posted by foursentences to technology (9 answers total)
Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
- watch movies that appear fairly-large-screen, while sitting or treadmilling approx. 12 feet away from that screen
- web browsing and word processing, *with the room lights on*, at no worse than a 640x480 resolution
I'm willing to spend about $350-$400.
1) Am I looking for a product that exists?
2) Do you have specific product recommendations?
3) If I buy a "pico" projector I'll be disappointed in the image quality, right?
4) Is there a technical difference between "pico", "pocket", "mini", "micro", "portable"?
5) How important is "native resolution"? If I buy a projector whose native is VGA but that claims also to be capable of WUXGA or whatever, will its WUXGA mode be as useless as I imagine?
6) If I get a projector with a weird ratio (854x480, for example), am I right that it will sometimes distort images?
Thanks in advance for all help!