business voip phone services
May 23, 2011 10:32 PM Subscribe
I am looking for a good VOIP provider for a medium size business - any recommendations or experience to share?
posted by alcahofa to Technology (9 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I run a non-profit which will grow to 50-100 employees in the next year. We currently use vonage, but we are limited by the lack of business services. Specifically, we want to be able to:
1) transfer phone calls (not call forwarding. i need to be able to transfer a call to another number after i have picked up)
2) buy a block of phone numbers and access it with the voip service
3) have an interface that can manage 100 phone lines efficiently (vonage can support several numbers, but it just isn't setup for an account with 100 lines)
4) support phones with wireless handsets
5) use our own internet connection
6) have our voice mail transcribed by humans (no thanks on your lousy automated transcription, google)
Vonage does not provide 1-4. It does provide 5 and 6 and otherwise serves us well. But we need the first four features too.
Any experience with good business voip providers?
Bad business voip providers?
Any features I should want but haven't mentioned?