There are so many things I'd like to do and learn this Summer before college starts back this Fall. To make things tougher to accomplish, I have ADHD. Are all the things I would like to do really possible? Any tips/hacks/etc.?
So yes, I have ADHD (inattentive type) and have a hard time completing things that I start, and with some things, I even have a tough time actually starting them.
Here are things I will
be doing without a doubt, don't need help with these:
- Taking a single class at the local community college (Chemistry 2). Shouldn't take up too much of my time.
- Work at the fast food place I worked during high school. Hopefully I'll be working 15 to 25 hours per week (hours not set in stone).
- Watching Doctor Who on Netflix. Currently at the beginning of Series 3.
- I have a girlfriend, so hanging out with her. (We live near each other, so we see each other pretty much daily).
There are some goals I'd like to complete this Summer as well though, and this is where I'm really having some trouble (in order of how much I'd like to do them):
- Learn Esperanto. Wanted to do this for years, but ADHD has prevented me from starting or progressing far at all. My gf would like to as well, because we think it'd be both easier to learn with each other, and it'd be kinda cool to have a language that of the people we know, only the two of us speak.
- Read my large collection of books. I buy books and either do not start them at all, or just do not complete them. I haven't completed an entire book from cover-to-cover in a very long time. :(
- Redo my currently boring wardrobe to make it more fashionable and nice-looking (Primarily consists of khaki shorts, blue jeans and tee shirts).
- Perhaps learn the harmonica. This is not too important, but if I have the time I'd like to try it out. I bought a harmonica maybe 6 months ago and haven't touched it more than a few times.
- Get in better shape. I'm not out-of-shape, so this isn't that important. But if I can find the time...
So, how much of this is really practical and doable? I would absolutely LOVE to have a productive Summer, but I feel like I will just end up wasting my free time surfing the web and watching TV the entire time. My Summer actually started a week ago, and I've spent the last week... sitting on my ass watching TV and surfing the web.
Also, any tips for learning Esperanto (or 2nd languages in general), completing books, etc. are greatly appreciated. Feel free to message me. Thanks!