I have an idea, but have no idea how to execute it
May 12, 2011 6:20 PM Subscribe
I have an idea for a gift registry. What are the nuts and bolts of bringing it to fruition?
posted by semacd to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I have an idea for a gift registry in a niche I don't think is filled, but I have no idea how to execute it. Lets say that honeyfund is a pretty good model, but it's not for weddings. I'm being vague because I'm paranoid about someone who actually knows how to do these things taking the idea and running with it before I can figure it out, but I could elaborate somewhat as necessary.
- I know I need a site, and I know that website has to have a mechanism for safely/securely handling money. Honeyfund is free, but I would love it if I could charge a small fee or a earn a small percentage from each transaction. How do I find someone capable and trustworthy to create such a site for me? The style would be sort of girly and honeyfund-esque.
- Marketing. How do I find someone capable and trustworthy to take on the marketing of this site.
- Managing the site after its up. How do I find someone capable and trustworthy to manage the site.
- Copyright? The idea is a gift registry in what I think is an untapped arena. Should I try anything to protect this idea so that - if it's a good idea at all?
- Anything else I'm not thinking of?
Memail me if you have a specific recommendation for someone who can do these things.