Toronto International Film Festival Pro-Tips Please!
May 11, 2011 12:05 PM Subscribe
Please tell me your pro-tips for attending the Toronto International Film Festival!
posted by sexymofo to Travel & Transportation around Toronto, ON (10 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
I'll be attending TIFF for the first time this year and would love help getting the most of out of it. I'm most interested in:
- seeing some great films (but not necessarily the big name ones)
- staying in a fun, safe and convenient area
- checking out any Toronto hidden gems (great bars, cool galleries, hip cafes, etc.)
- not dealing with a ton of traffic
- having a couple great meals.
- love live music and would enjoy seeing a great local band
- not a partier--not really interested in late, drunken, loud nights.
- Should I become a TIFF member? What level?
- Where should I stay? I can afford to spend a decent amount (US$200/night or so). For reference my favorite hotel chain is aloft.
- I'll have a car but I would love to minimize any driving/parking hassles.
- How many days should I attend the festival?
- If I shouldn't do all ten days, should I attend near the start, end or somewhere in the middle?
- Tips to minimize being considered an ugly american by Torontonians?