Where to buy a barong tagalog shirt in San Francisco area?

Where to buy a barong tagalog shirt for an 8-year old's First Communion in SF Bay area?

My 8-year old nephew is getting his First Communion and they want him to wear the traditional Filipino shirt, a barong tagalog, during the ceremony. They live in the midwest so we've been tasked with finding a source out here in California. Hoping to find a source somewhere between SF and Daly City. Preferably made of the pineapple fiber (pina) or banana fiber (jusi). Thanks for any help!
posted by ao4047 to Shopping (4 answers total)

Yelp has a bunch of tailors and stores in SF and Daly City listed. I'd probably try My Wedding Expressions in Daly City.
posted by benzenedream at 12:13 PM on May 7, 2011

Maybe the Filipino-American Council of San Francisco could help you? There's a name, phone number and email address. Good luck!
posted by trip and a half at 12:59 PM on May 7, 2011

Have you considered internet commerce? They even seem to have piƱa and jusi.
posted by Andrhia at 3:32 PM on May 7, 2011

Thanks everybody! We went with Barongs R Us.
posted by ao4047 at 4:54 PM on May 7, 2011

« Older After three great years my Goo...   |  Which gauge guitar strings for... Newer »