April 12, 2011 5:40 AM Subscribe
I'm looking for the best/ most functional social bookmarking site.
posted by DisreputableDog to computers & internet (6 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
I keep reading about how this or that site is the best way to get your blog out into the public. However, I -do not- care about that.
I want to use my social bookmarking site to:
- save my bookmarks from any computer
- tag bookmarks
- simple/ easy-to-read site
- does not require me to install a toolbar or button of some kind. In other words, is a website that can be logged into. However, I do not mind getting an optional toolbar or button for my personal computer. If I wanted to join a site from work, this site would then not require that work computer to be my "home" computer. You see?
- Other bookmarks are easy to find via the site through those tags.
- This site isn't just some beta thing that's going to die after a few years. Likely something with higher traffic.
- I would -prefer- not to have to have some sort of AOL or Yahoo account in order to log into this. I do, however, have a google account that I use often, so if there's something that connects through that, it's fine.
- I'm only seeking access through my computer. I do not have an iPad, or any sort of smart phone. While -future- access though such technology would be nice, it's certainly not critical for my use.
As always, any help is appreciated.