Cincinnati resources for 13 year old with academic and behavioral setbacks
March 22, 2011 5:10 PM Subscribe
Cincinnati and southwest Ohio - resources for a 13 year old with behavioral and academic problems? Schools; tutoring; good therapists (including art therapy); nonprofits that help families and kids?
posted by LobsterMitten to Education (7 answers total)
Friend's son is a great kid, but behind academically and has behavioral issues - impulsiveness, making threats, defiance, possibly physical - that have made it hard for him to stay in school. He's changed schools a few times, public and private. His family is supportive and determined. Looking for leads within 50 miles or so of Cincinnati for resources or programs that might be helpful.
Do you know a great:
- school, public or private, that has helped kids like this
- program for kids who've had a hard time staying in school
- therapist/psychiatrist/etc who works with troubled kids
- tutor or tutoring organization
- program/organization focusing on kids with behavioral or academic problems
- after-school program
- parents' group
- a place that offers help with paying for some of these things?
He's a good artist; any leads on good art programs or art-therapists?