Looking to license spec data about various gadgets

Websites like CNET have a database of gadget/device specifications (like the Xoom is 0.5" by 9.8", etc) -- is there a company or service, like the NBA might license their game data, that lets people license that gadget spec data to use on my website via an API?
posted by c:\awesome to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

You likely want WURFL or DeviceAtlas.
posted by mkb at 1:25 PM on March 18, 2011

Those look interesting, mkb, but they seem to be for mobile devices only. Unless I'm missing something?
posted by c:\awesome at 1:29 PM on March 18, 2011

Maybe I've misunderstood what you're looking for. Are you talking about browser capabilities (my line of work) or all qualities of the item like someone trying to sell it?
posted by mkb at 1:32 PM on March 18, 2011

I'm looking for something that offers data containing the qualities of the device, like the Xoom is 0.5" x 0.8", has this much memory, this screen resolution, this kind of RAM, etc.
posted by c:\awesome at 1:34 PM on March 18, 2011

CNET licenses their product data. A lot of major retailers (including Best Buy and Dell) use this for most of the product data on their sites.

See here.

The site doesn't seem to indicate any prices, but gives a phone number where you can reach a person.
posted by negative1 at 1:50 PM on March 18, 2011 [1 favorite]

Open Range do this
posted by gregjones at 3:28 PM on March 18, 2011

« Older How do we create jobs? I am in...   |  Is there a good cafe/bar with ... Newer »