Dude where's my Dell... (I'm sorry about this lame title)

Recommendations on a professional but GQ-esque laptop bag for a Dell Latitude E6510.

I'm traveling (flying) a good bit and need a laptop bag that holds a Dell Latitude E6510, a Moleskine, and a Kindle and is painless at airport security.

I need a good, trustworthy, new bag... however, I work with nonprofits (also, I'm not flashy myself) so I need to ensure that it's not overly flashy.

No budget.
posted by bamassippi to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I need a good, trustworthy, new bag... however, I work with nonprofits

Black Timbuk2. Can be used worth with a suit or jeans. Mine is five years old and still looks brand new, despite daily use.
posted by b1tr0t at 5:22 PM on March 13, 2011

Timbuk2 Commute, in black. A number of places carry them. (Mine is from R.E.I.) It'll handle a MacBook Pro (snugly), is well padded; has good interior space; a snug space in the back for folders, articles, and such; and has extra pockets for power bricks, and small cameras. In black, it looks professional. It'll fit sideways under most airline seats.
posted by dws at 5:35 PM on March 13, 2011

Jack Spade's briefcases. The styling is all very GQ-minimalist but with a utilitarian design theme. Not cheap but I think it's worth the money with excellent construction and a lifetime repair service. I've had the waxwear computer case for over 5 years and the nice things with these is that age in a very deliberate way as well.

The computer file cases (which I have) specifically zip open on all three sides so it's easy to just open up the whole thing for security screenings.
posted by artificialard at 9:52 AM on March 14, 2011

« Older Piano sheet music for "I ...   |  Math/Optics: How can I derive ... Newer »