This song is now this song and now it's another song

I'm looking for mashup performances like Omar Afuni's Born This Way / Express Yourself or Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up/Together Forever/So Lucky

I'm really looking for high quality vocal performances like this. Recordings are fine if it's an artist doing it as a coherent piece but I do not want DJ style club mashups of previously recorded separate pieces. Any genre flies.
posted by asockpuppet to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I'm not sure if this counts, but Glee does this all the time. Here is some random dude who collected some of them, here's another site with some others. There might be more?
posted by brainmouse at 10:28 AM on March 10, 2011

They aren't mashups. They're medleys. Search for that.
posted by empath at 10:29 AM on March 10, 2011

The mashup of Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing from the Beatles album Love fits the bill.
posted by catwash at 10:42 AM on March 10, 2011

Typically, a mash-up combines elements of two or more songs together into one unified song, where a medley is a series of songs, segueing in a way that blends the end of one song into the beginning of the next.
posted by filthy light thief at 11:09 AM on March 10, 2011

The Bach/Gounod Ave Maria
posted by CathyG at 11:34 AM on March 10, 2011

For some reason, Rock Sugar, a band that does live mashups is trending on social media right now - They've got some good vocal stylings.

Another band called Smash Up Derby is reportedly one of the pioneers of the genre.
posted by StickyC at 11:41 AM on March 10, 2011

« Older Can you recommend great childr...   |  Point me to tools for small-gr... Newer »