Skip

Making Fun of The Mouse
March 7, 2011 4:47 AM   Subscribe

Looking for any comedy skits/videos/essays/whatever that make fun of Disneyworld/Disney movies, parks/anything Disney-related.
posted by mrmarley to Media & Arts (23 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Your question may have been inspired by this recent sketch, but: Disney Channel Acting School on last week's SNL.
posted by Dojie at 4:59 AM on March 7, 2011

Funny or Die presents "Disney's Princess Ke$ha."
posted by Frank Grimes at 5:08 AM on March 7, 2011

The Disney Channel series "Sonny With A Chance" has a sketch comedy show-within-the-show, and they did a sketch riffing on the Princesses.
posted by padraigin at 5:26 AM on March 7, 2011

John Hughes' short story Vacation '58 was made into the film "National Lampoon's Vacation", with the Disney references slightly obscured.
posted by 1970s Antihero at 5:35 AM on March 7, 2011

I remember SNL doing a Disney version of The Titanic, which I found here:
http://videos.titanictribute.net/play.php?vid=349

My search also turned up this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_Funhouse#Disney_parodies
posted by larkin123 at 5:35 AM on March 7, 2011

Carl Hiassen's book, Team Rodent, isn't making fun of Disney per se, but it is a peek into the dark and shady police state of Disneyworld. It's a fascinating read, with tons of material for sketch inspiration.
posted by missjenny at 5:37 AM on March 7, 2011

After Penny-Arcade posted this comic (and this news post), they got several responses from people with similar stories.
posted by slimepuppy at 5:40 AM on March 7, 2011

One could easily argue the genius Mr. Show sketch Globo-Chem (very NSFW) is a satire of Disneyana.
posted by l33tpolicywonk at 6:15 AM on March 7, 2011

Dada's "Dizz Knee Land."
posted by Chrysostom at 6:27 AM on March 7, 2011

The Onion visits Disney Labs.
posted by Thorzdad at 6:32 AM on March 7, 2011

It's probably not as cutting as you would like, but the Disney film Enchanted is essentially a (loving) send-up of Disney's old princess tropes.
posted by Johnny Assay at 6:33 AM on March 7, 2011

You've seen Shrek, right?
posted by Faint of Butt at 6:40 AM on March 7, 2011

Sorry, this is a better link.
posted by Chrysostom at 6:59 AM on March 7, 2011

There's a Simpsons episode where they go to "EFCOT."
posted by chowflap at 7:05 AM on March 7, 2011

Several of the videos by Nostalgia Chick (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thedudette/nostalgia-chick), such as her takes on "Hercules", "Beauty and the Beast: Enchanted Christmas", "Mulan", "Pocahontas", and "Disney Princess".
posted by kyrademon at 7:06 AM on March 7, 2011

Oh, I was delighted to find that a cursory Google search led me directly to a sanctioned version of a well-known Harlan Ellison essay, "The 3 Most Important Things in Life," that purports to detail his brief tenure working for the Disney Studios. Text is decidedly NSFW but the whole thing is well worth reading. If you just want the Disney bit, scroll down to "Labor Relations."
posted by Joey Bagels at 7:21 AM on March 7, 2011

"Making fun" is only a small part of it, but Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom was the first thing I thought of.
posted by AugieAugustus at 10:59 AM on March 7, 2011

It's not a skit or parody, but Australian filmmaker John Safran went to Disneyland for the TV show 'Race Around the World'.
posted by goo at 12:54 PM on March 7, 2011

Let's not forget Weird Al Yankovic's Skipper Dan.
posted by DanSachs at 4:15 PM on March 7, 2011

Another SNL sketch: High School Musical 3: Return of the Seniors, featuring LeBron James.
posted by SisterHavana at 6:38 PM on March 7, 2011

Debbie Downer visits Disneyland, from SNL. (warning: Hulu)
posted by shannonm at 12:03 PM on March 8, 2011

« Older Things to do in Phoenix with a...   |  Why won't YouTube videos play ... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.