Where does one throw a girlie tea party?
March 6, 2011 1:20 PM Subscribe
Girlie garden/tea themed baby shower for 30 or so in San Francisco or Oakland -- suggestions beyond the tiny tea rooms?
posted by Gucky to food & drink (7 answers total)
I have honor of throwing a baby shower for my wonderful friend--and she has lots of friends, so my place (and all our friends' places) are too small. Any suggestions for interesting spaces that are big enough, fun enough and pretty enough? (I'm totally willing to cater in tea and snackins.)
- Open to San Francisco, Oakland or anywhere around there
- Weekend in April some time
- I've looked at the little house in Stern Grove and it's lovely, but will it be too big/overkill for a baby shower?
- Pretty, girlie, gardeny, but these are not prim and proper ladies, so nowhere where Burning Man-y people would feel unwelcome
- Britishy classic tea, rather than Asian zen tea, but since the kid will be of Indian and American heritage, fusion is awesome
- She's having a girl, so the girlier this is, the better
- Her wedding shower was wonderful, but with 6 co-hosts all trying to cook the food during the shower... I've promised everyone this will be stress free, so catering in tea and crumpets and finger sandwiches seems ideal
- If we need to bring in our own tea pots and cups, that'll likely be the shower favor I give everyone
- We're looking at 30ish people now, but it could grow as we get closer to the date, as she knows practically everyone
- Every tea room I looked at was tiny, although Lovejoy's caters, so I'll consider that if we stay in SF
- Bonus points for anywhere close to an awesome bar that also makes good virgin mixed drinks so we can meet up with the boys after