Jam Sessions at Jazz Fest

I'll finally be going to Jazz Fest in New Orleans this year. Does anyone know if there are open jam sessions around the city during the festival? I don't have any illusions about playing with famous folks, but it would be nice to get together with some other musicians and play jazz. (I'm a vocalist, if that makes any difference).
posted by gteffertz to Travel & Transportation around New Orleans, LA (3 answers total)

I have never heard of this kind of thing but a ton of events go on during Jazz Fest after hours so I guess there's a chance. Have you checked the threadhead forums? And closer to time the listings at offbeat.com might be useful.
posted by CheeseLouise at 7:12 AM on February 24, 2011

Thanks, but I did post to the threadhead forums earlier without much success. I hadn't heard of offbeat.com, so I will check it out.
posted by gteffertz at 11:50 AM on February 24, 2011

There is a Monday evening jam at the Hi Ho Lounge, but I think it is mostly bluegrass.
posted by St. Sorryass at 1:13 PM on February 24, 2011

« Older I just left an emotionally abu...   |  What was your best learning va... Newer »