Help me name that diva!

Help me name that tune!

My neighbor begins his day by listening to diva music. Most of it isn't really up my alley, except this one song, which I've been trying to place for weeks. I can't hear any of the lyrics well enough to google them, but the melody is great.

It's a female vocalist singing in a contemporary soul style. I made a quick mp3 of me goofily singing the melody:

goofy doo-doo-doo

Can anyone tell me what song it is? The part I recorded is the chorus, and it repeats a few times at the end of the song. The vowel sounds of the various held notes are all different - the first is a long A, the next a long E, etc.

And for anyone wondering why I don't knock and ask him - first, I think he'd be a little unnerved that I can hear his music all the time, and second there was a weird situation where he was reading my mail, so I'd rather not engage.

posted by donblood to Media & Arts (4 answers total)

Adele - Rolling in the Deep.
posted by cashman at 10:26 AM on February 23, 2011

Ya cashman got it. Just from your question I thought that would be the answer since I've fall in the same category of "don't really like this music - but that song is damn good"
posted by bitdamaged at 10:34 AM on February 23, 2011

That's it! Thanks so much! It's a great song, much more so now that I can actually hear it.
posted by donblood at 10:36 AM on February 23, 2011

Weird post-script: after I listened to the song at moderate volume, my neighbor put it on again right afterward, even though he just listened to it an hour ago. I hope he doesn't think I'm communicating with him.

Anyway, awesome song, thanks again.
posted by donblood at 10:45 AM on February 23, 2011

« Older Looking for a setting in Windo...   |  I want to to purchase a tacky-... Newer »