Level up, Super Me 3
February 18, 2011 8:29 AM Subscribe
I want to gamify (see Gamification
) my current
fitness routines. Tell me what tools to use and suggestions for fun times!
posted by telegraph to Health & Fitness (13 answers total) 17 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a data nerd and love working with any kind of metrics and analytics. I am already very happy and secure with my fitness practices, but I want to start tracking the hard data of what I do and making it more "game like." I want to really optimize my behavior and feel my best -- numbers are always the best motivator for me. Here's what I currently do in a perfect week (I won't be changing this and am not looking for suggestions to that effect):
- CrossFit style conditioning workouts 4-5 times per week
- Powerlifting (squat, deadlift, overhead and bench presses) three times per week
- At least one "fun run" per week -- a few miles at an easy pace to get out in nice weather on a rest day
- Skill practice on gymnastics movements
- Eat about 90% paleo.
- Sleep eight hours per night
And in terms of data and tracking, I currently:
- Write down all workouts in a notebook
- Photograph my meals and post to a blog
I'd like to make my blog a lot more comprehensive but also track all kinds of data related to health and wellness. I'm looking for suggestions for tools I could use (e.g. iPhone apps, anything I could use besides Excel) as well as ways to structure my "game". I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance!