A Box of Wine, a Loaf of Bread-and Thou, Metafilter
February 15, 2011 8:04 AM Subscribe
For the holidays, I was given a 5L box of Franzia Cabernet Sauvignon (the guilty party has already been punished with a houseful of sick toddlers). I'm not a wine snob, but I tend to reserve my drinking for social occasions and I've yet to find the right moment to drag out this behemoth.
What do I do with this wine?
posted by annaramma to food & drink (19 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
1. I'm not personally interested in drinking this as-is. In general, I'm a quality over quantity person.
2. I'd love to hear your creative solutions: cake recipes, fertilizer, clothing dye, whatever.
3. I already use wine leftovers to make vinegar and I'm not really interested in 5L of sangria.
4. Any recipe would need to be consumable by 5 or fewer people.
5. I tend to cook vegetarian, so recipes for masses of Beef Bourguignon aren't so helpful.
6. I understand if your answer is simply: drink it! But who will drink it? Can I donate wine?
7. College students are thick on the ground here, but circumstances would make it inappropriate for me to give it to any of the ones I know.