Notes on a powerpoint picture

I have a group picture, I want to add hidden flickr style notes on to the picture within a powerpoint presentation so I can mouse across faces and show information. Is this possible?

What would be the best way to go about doing so? I want it to stay in the powerpoint if possible as I want a single file for a presentation that can be delivered by other people easily.
posted by biffa to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

What about doing it slide-by-slide? You could use the same picture for the background and just have a separate note over a different part of the picture for each slide.
posted by circular at 9:44 AM on February 14, 2011

It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, but here's a tutorial for using shapes and mouseover animations to get the effect that you are looking for:

http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/PowerPoint-Pop-ups.html

YMMV. I hope that it helps you!
posted by Draccy at 9:46 AM on February 14, 2011 [1 favorite]

Thanks for this Draccy, it allowed me to do exactly what was wanted and that element of the presentation is being adopted as good practice in my department.
posted by biffa at 10:06 AM on February 25, 2011

« Older Looking for a way to repair a ...   |  I'm a trans-man looking into a... Newer »