Should I change my plans to vacation in Egypt given the recent protests?
January 27, 2011 12:19 PM Subscribe
I had been planning a vacation to Egypt this year. The news of protests has me a bit spooked; is it unwise to travel to Egypt this April/May? If so, any suggestions for other international destinations as a good alternative?
posted by lychee to travel & transportation around Egypt (18 answers total)
(I feel like a heel asking this question, given the unrest in Egypt and focusing on how it affects my travel plans.)
- Should I go ahead with my travel plans? I'm having a hard time separating hysteria from realistic caution.
- Any recommendations on specific (budget) tour companies?
- If not, what other international locales would satisfy my desire for:
- overseas travel
- not-to-be-missed world treasures (the pyramids, etc)
- safe for a single woman traveling alone
- enough of a tourist industry where I can easily find a guided tour and hopefully book online.
I was thinking of Peru and Macchu Picchu as a good back-up, but otherwise I'm a bit in the dark. Thank you!