Private room in Seattle?

Throwing a party in Seattle, looking for a place with a private room for ~20.

This earlier Ask had a few recommendations, but I'm hoping for more.

This is for a birthday party, so a place with games would be great. The two options that have been recommended to me so far are the Garage and the Tap House. Any other places I should check out?
posted by bjrubble to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

a place with games would be great

Shorty's might host private events.
posted by Blazecock Pileon at 1:58 PM on January 26, 2011

Jillian's has pool and arcade games. I attended an office party there and the food was average, though service was good.
posted by esoterrica at 2:20 PM on January 26, 2011

A few more options: If this is on a Friday or Saturday night, you'll probably need something that you can actually reserve. If it's on a weeknight, there are dozens of bars in town that you can usually just take over with about 20 people. The local bikes+beer club here has made a routine of it.
posted by lantius at 3:03 PM on January 26, 2011

No games, but Hale's Ales has beer and a nice upstairs private room, and The Opium Den in Thaiku is rentable and pretty unique.
posted by gurple at 3:04 PM on January 26, 2011

We just went to Shorty's and the back room is awesome. I'd so be having my birthday there if I didn't live across the country.
posted by JoanArkham at 5:08 PM on January 26, 2011

the Mountaineers' club house at Sand Point Way could be another option. Ample parking. Climbing Wall and historic mountaineering photographs. You could cater or bring your own potlach.
posted by seawallrunner at 6:35 PM on January 26, 2011

Mefite's own Jawn runs Shorty's backroom which keeps getting mentioned here - you should ask him about it.
posted by kthxbi at 7:51 PM on January 26, 2011 [1 favorite]

Thanks for the great suggestions! We've been to Shorty's, been to Jillian's -- those are about right, I'm just hoping to find someplace new.
posted by bjrubble at 12:18 PM on January 28, 2011

« Older Yelp.com (or other review site...   |  After all this I might go live... Newer »