Watching the rebels...
January 20, 2011 8:05 AM Subscribe
Movies about artistic rebels (preferably with their circles of friends)...
posted by 3491again to media & arts (36 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite
Looking for movies about artistic rebels of all kinds:
- Groups especially preferred: The Bloomsbury Circle, the Harlem Renaissance, American expats in Paris, Colette in France, etc.
- Individuals/couples okay: Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera; Georgia O'Keefe and Alfred Stieglitz; Anais Nin and the Millers; Charles Bukowski
- Non-English-language films okay
- Artists, poets, writers, thinkers, intellectuals of all kinds, etc.
- Sexual rebels (LGBT, polyamorous, divorced if unusual for that time, etc.) are preferred (Oscar Wilde, Anais Nin)
Are there any movies about Neruda, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Baudelaire, Borges, Jackson Pollack, Warhol?