Suggestion for flexible photography CMS /w paypal payment ordering?

I'm looking for a content management system /w "shop" functionality to post a few hundred pictures that can be ordered and paid for via paypal. Requirements are that the site can be set up in different categories that can have a different theme or skin applied to. I've tried Mambo /w PHP-SHOP but that doesn't allow for great enough theme differences for the categories. Gallery and it's look-alikes don't really meet the needs because an ordering part of it is really needed. Any suggestions? I found something that might meet the needs but it's in java. Perl or PHP would be best, ASP, ruby or python would work as well.
posted by joshgray to Technology (4 answers total)

You might take a look at QuiXpo. I have no experience with it, but it looks capable.
posted by misterbrandt at 4:43 PM on April 16, 2005

looks good.... open source would be even better i suppose :)
posted by joshgray at 5:39 PM on April 16, 2005

PhotoStack is, hands-down, my favorite photo CMS product. It doesn't include 'shop' functionality, but I've been working on a site for a photographer who wants to sell prints through his site and integrating shopping functionality into it doesn't look too hard. Especially for Paypal, where you really don't need too much information to generate a 'buy this' button.
posted by ubernostrum at 1:28 AM on April 17, 2005

Does anyone know how much an installation of QuiXpo might cost?
posted by blag at 7:26 AM on April 18, 2005

« Older How does Sigur Ros get that so...   |  Thanks to the Intolerable Beau... Newer »