How to allow students to electronically submit work?
January 11, 2011 11:30 AM Subscribe
Please help me collect in my students digital work. I occasionally teach lessons in computer suites where students produce files that I would like to collect in to assess. However, the normal options (email, shared space etc) are not an option.
posted by Morsey to computers & internet (18 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
A number of students (between 15 and 30) typically produce microsoft office files (powerpoint and word) with a file size of generally less than a couple of MB. I need a simple method for them to get the files to me.
1. They have access to the internet.
2. They don't have email - nor do they have access to sites to set up email accounts.
2. Athough the computers are networked there is no mechanism for a shared space to be available.
3. There are too many students to pass a memory stick around.
4. I host a wordpress based webpage in case there is a plugin anyone knows of that could be useful?
I can imagine a situation where they all visit a link, where there is a prompt to upload a file which I can then access. I am not concerned with them logging into the space to upload the file - I trust them to name the files accurately.
I would also like to be able to disable the upload page when the lesson is over - to prevent random files being sent to me when they get home!
Any ideas would be superb thanks.